An Italian engineer is not someone “who knows all”, as commonly believed, but he is someone whom is able to organize data, to formulate and solve problems. Someone has to give him data. An engineer, in short, is an organizer, able to combine things in order to obtain the best solution.
Engineering is an “intellectual profession”, like artistic professions, because an engineer is, in his own way, an “artist”, a creative.
The competences of an engineer are established by law (Capo IV of R.D. 23 october 1925, nr. 2537) and they concern:
- the plan, the management and the estimate of acts needed to extract, to transform and to use materials, directly or indirectly, necessary to the building industry or to the factories;
- the plan, the management and the estimate of works concerning ways and means of transport, of flow and of communication;
- the plan, the management and the estimate of works of every sort concerning machines and industrial plants;
- the plan, the management and the estimate of works concerning physical applications;
- the works on civil buildings (except the ones that have a considerable artistic character: in these works the engineer can only work on the technical parts);
- the geometrical surveys;
- the operations of estimate.
If you want to know the specific works of the office of Sara Sanviti, you have to go to the page: “Our services and charges”.